Didwana Lake in Rajasthan
Content Table Shortcut
- 1 Didwana Lake in Rajasthan
- 1.1 Something About Didwana Lake
Location: Nagaur, Rajasthan
Total Area: 50 sq.km.
Type: Salt Lake
Produced: Salt & Sodium Sulphate
Something About Didwana Lake
Didwana is a town in the Nagaur district of Rajasthan. It also has a famous Didwana salt-water lake of Rajasthan. The lake is about 4 km in length and with 3 km breadth, The depression is surrounded on all sides by sandhills, except to the west. Where the Aravalli forms its western border and isolated spur of it. The depression bed shows the presence of black clay and in appearance is similar to that of the Sambhar lake.
Salt at lake Didwana
- As you know, the salt-producing region of Didwana has great potential for salt production in the state of Rajasthan.
- The salt can be manufactured here at a lower cost than in other areas. Since this source does not rely on rainfall and is not affected by salt production.
- Salt Manufacture is owned by a local private agency known as Dewals. Approved by the Rajasthan government.
Sodium Sulphate in Didwana Lake
- Besides salt, this source is also famous for manufacturing sodium sulfate. Here two industries based on Salt are Sodium Sulphate factory and Sodium Sulphate Units.
- Both are located at Didwana and owned by the Rajasthan state government.
- Sodium Sulphate is used in dyeing and printing and tanning work. It is also used for making sulfate.
Popular Palaces to Visit near Didwana Lake
Tal Chappar Wildlife Sanctuary
Click Here to Read Full Article
It is located in Sujangarh town of Churu district and it is famous for Chinkaras, Demoiselles cranes, Partridge, and many more wild animals. Tal Chappar is about 60 away from Didwana Lake in Nagaur.
Salasar Bala Ji Temple, Nagaur
Salasar Balaji is located in Salasar town located only 38 km away from Didwana lake. This Lord Hanumana’s temple is the holiest place in India. Peoples came here across the world.
How to Reach Didwana Lake in Rajasthan
Kishangarh Airport is the nearest airport to reach the Didwana salt lake in Nagaur. The airport is about 119 km away from the Didwana lake. Another option is Jaipur international airport and it is only 176 km away from this salt lake.
The closest railway station to reach Didwana lake is Makrana Junction and it is about 60 km away from the lake. Another option is Nagaur railway station and it is about 97 km away from Didwana lake.
Didwana is connected with 3 state highways are SH-60, SH-7D, and Didwana to Ladnun road. Buses are mostly available at day time from major cities of Rajasthan.
Distance B/T Major Cities to Didwana Lake
Distance in Kms 159 km 144 Km 75 km 250 km 344 km 407 km