Jhalawar District in Rajasthan
Content Table Shortcut
- 1 Jhalawar District in Rajasthan
- 1.1 Something About Jhalawar District
- 1.1.1 Major Attraction around Jhalawar District of Rajasthan
- 1.1.2 How to Reach Jhalawar District of Rajasthan
- 1.1 Something About Jhalawar District
Jhalawar is the headquarters of Jhalawar district, located to the south-east of the state of Rajasthan. It is part of the Hadauti region of Jhalawar. Apart from Jhalawar, Kota, Baran, and Bundi fall in the Hadauti region.
Jhalawar of Rajasthan has made a distinct identity in terms of tourism. Embellish the art and culture of Rajasthan, this city is known for its beautiful ponds, fort, and temples. The rivers and streams of Jhalawar give grandeur to the scenery of this region. There are also many historical and religious places, which are successful in attracting tourists.
Something About Jhalawar District
Jhalawar is a district situated at one end of the Malwa plateau. Within this district, there are two tourist places named Jhalawar and Jhalrapatan. Both these cities were founded by Jhala Rajputs in the late 18th century. Hence they are also called ‘twin cities’. There is a distance of 7 km between these two cities. Both these cities were part of the prosperous principality of the kings of the Jhala dynasty.
Major Attraction around Jhalawar District of Rajasthan
The Gadmahal was the grand palace of the kings of the Jhala dynasty. This palace situated in the middle of the city has three artistic gates. The façade of the palace is four-story, with a proportional configuration of arches, vents, and domes.
The archaeological museum located near the carvings of the complex is also worth visiting. The construction of the palace was started by Raja Rana Madan Singh in 1838, which was later completed by King Prithvi Singh. In 1921, Raja Bhavani Singh built a theater in the rear of the palace. European opera style has taken special care in its production.
There is a huge lake called Krishna Sagar about 6 kilometers from the city. This lake is very liked by reclusive people. On the banks of the lake is a wooden building. This building is called Rain Basera. This building was built by Maharaja Rajendra Singh for a summer residence. This place is very pleasing to those interested in birds. Currently, it is burnt
Gagaron Fort, situated at the confluence of the Kali Sindh River and the Ahu River, is a historical heritage of Jhalawar. It is located 8 kilometers north of the city. Near the entrance of the fort is the dargah of Sufi saint Mitheshah. A three-day Urs fair is also held here every year.
Sun Temple, Jhalawar
Jhalrapatan, the second twin city of Jhalawar, is also known as the City of Bells. The centrally located Sun Temple in the city is a major scenic spot in Jhalrapatan. Architecturally, this temple is also important. It was built by the Parmar dynasty kings of Malwa in the tenth century. The statue of Lord Vishnu sits in the sanctum sanctorum of the temple. It is also called Padmanabha Temple.
This temple is located at some distance from the Sun Temple. In the sanctum sanctorum of this Jain temple built in the eleventh century, a soft statue of Lord Shantith sits. This statue is 11 feet high and made of black stone. Statues of giant two elephants are located outside the main temple in such a way as to stand as a sentinel.
This huge lake of Jhalrapatan is known as Gomti Sagar. The Dwarkadhish temple built on its banks is a major scenic spot. This temple, dedicated to Dwarkadhish, the deity of Jhala Rajputs, was built by King Jalim Singh. To the east of the city is the Chandrabhaga River. Where the city of Chandravati was. Some temples of that period are still located here, which were built by the King of Malwa in the eighth century. Prominent among them are Shiva temples. This temple is situated on the banks of the river
Naulakha Fort is another tourist destination on a high hill at one end of the city. Its construction was started by King Prithvi Singh in 1860. Based on the amount spent in its construction, it is called Naulakha Fort. From here, the bird’s eye view of the city is quite attractive.
Buddhist and Jain Temples
Outside the cities of Jhalawar and Jhalrapatan, temples associated with Jainism and Buddhism also attract tourists. Among them, the Digambar Jain Temple of Chandkhedi and the Caves of Buddhism’s Dinayan Mat are very famous. Bhimsagar Dam is situated at a distance of 23 km from Jhalawar town and Bhimgarh Fort is at a distance of 65 km.
Fort of Manohar police station
This fort is a triptych. This fort is situated at the confluence of the Kalikhar River and the Parvan River. Thus, this fort is of the water fortification category. Within this fort, the people here have taken possession and have made their residence here.
Kamkheda Balaji Temple
The famous Hanumanji temple is situated in the village Kamkheda of Manohar police station tehsil. Here Hanumanji is worshiped as Balaji. It is said that in the court of Balaji, there is a court of Bhoot Prato. Devotees from the border states come here to see Balaji. For which, in the nearby village of Kishanpuria, every year in the month of Shravan, free storage is done by the villagers of Kishanpuria. A grand temple of Lord Rama is under construction in Kamkheda itself.
How to Reach Jhalawar District of Rajasthan
Jhalawar is located on National Highway 12 (Jaipur-Jabalpur). The nearest big city is Kota which is 75 kilometers away. The nearest airport to Jhalawar is Kota Airport. It is located 87 km from the city. The nearest railway station is Jhalawar City and Jhalrapatan Railway Station. A bus train or taxi can be availed from Kota to Jhalawar. Apart from this, bus services are available from cities like Jaipur, Bundi, Ajmer, Kota, Delhi, Indore, etc.